Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Five (the I am DONE being pregnant edition)

So a special Friday Five for your enjoyment. As I sit here several days past my due date, and a few days away from a scheduled C-Section, I've been thinking about the things I'm looking forward to. You know, once I'm not gigantic and cooking a baby anymore.

1. Subway. The sandwiches I mean, not like, transportation. I have avoided Subway this whole pregnancy, which is more than I can say for the last. Part of it is knowing that I'm really not supposed to have lunch meat, but more than that is proving to myself I could actually follow through with something I've set my mind to. I'm not so great with the follow through usually, so I'm VERY proud of myself. Because MY GOD I want a spicy Italian like you would not frackin believe.

2. Booze. I am not a big drinker really. But I've been pregnant or breast feeding for the last 2 1/2 years. And it is so time for a girls night and one or twelve lemon drops.

3. The return to relative comfort. You know, being able to reach my legs to shave. No more heartburn. No more back pain (well, let's face it, I have a bad back. So, less back pain?)  Sleeping on my back. etc, etc, etc

4. Having more than one pair of pants and two shirts that fit. Well I hope, at least, to be able to fit back into my maternity clothes at least. ha ha

5. Well and of course having a new little baby to hold and cuddle. I suppose I am kind of looking forward to that too ; )

Okay, so keeping fingers crossed that I actually go into labor in the next 3 days. If not Tuesday morning I will suddenly be the mother of TWO boys. TWO! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment