Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Five

1. Number One with a Bullet- I found new jeans! Thank goodness. Because I haven't worn jeans since somewhere in my 2nd or 3rd trimester. They're not perfect, but I've been having such a hard time finding anything that fit right. Either things dug into my post-baby belly, or gaped in the back (ALWAYS WITH THE GAPS IN BACK!), Or I couldn't get them pulled up past my knees (I'm talking to you Levi's Curve ID Skinny Jeans. I didn't really want skinny jeans anyway, but I was grasping at straws by that point) ANYWAY- There's an American Eagle in the building I work in, so at lunch today I gave it a shot. So glad. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl and I was wearing my maternity slacks EVERY DAY. One Pair of pants. For both home and work. I also bought a new t-shirt because holy crap, am I sick of maternity clothes. I feel so much more like myself today I can't even tell you. I just wish I had my converse with me ; )

2. Quinn is 23 months old today!! (23 Month Update coming soon! Maybe!) What a great kid he is. I'm trying to soak up these mostly still easy days, as I know Toddler Meltdown city is on it's way. We're lucky enough at this point the tantrums are pretty rare. We had a point some weeks ago that seemed like the beginning, but he was cutting his molars. Those are mostly in now, and he's back to normal. For now. Also? I got him to say 'I Love you' the other day. It was a little gibberishy, and he was just repeating it because I asked him to. Still. I got a little over excited standing in the Safeway produce department.

3. Speaking of my little/ big guy- We have less than a month now until his party! Invitations are on their way out. I've ordered some adorable supplies, and am brainstorming like crazy. I've also spent a lot of time cutting strips of paper for streamers and paper chains. One thing I'm not doing this year are games and party favors which is a bummer. But for one, he's too young to get it anyway. Also there won't be many kids (also a bummer but we don't have many friends/family with kids his age) to enjoy them. Next year I'm all over it though.

4. So I decided Q needs a new Mickey shirt for his party, being a Mickey Mouse theme and all. And then decided Archer needed one too. So Shawn and I were cruising the Disney Store the other day checking out the options. And I'm seriously considering wearing a Mickey shirt, and making Shawn get one too. HA! DORKSSS!!!  At least they won't be matching. Probably.

5. I'm going out after work for Happy Hour again tonight! I decided that I should try and get out at least once or twice a month with girlfriends. So we're hitting up Gameworks for cheap happy hour, and I'm going to use some game tokens that I have collecting dust in my desk drawer. Watch out Tekken- I'm coming at cha.

Happy Friday & Happy Weekend dearies!

No comments:

Post a Comment