Monday, November 5, 2012

Brother

"I found my brother in there
Here in my heart
I found my brother in there
Hold in my arms
I love you

And if I feel too quiet now
There are no words to show you how
I love you

I often feel like the prodigal son
Take all I need
Giving back none
Our beauty shows
In such different ways
You're like the light behind the fog
so soft but still you burn my eyes away

I found my brother in there
Here in my heart
I found my brother in there
Hold in my arms
I love you

And if I feel too quiet now
There are no words to show you how
I love you

So much has changed
So much has happened these years
Still I find, you're waiting here
We have a bond
That nothing can change
Still I find a piece of mind
Whenever I hear your name
And if I feel too quiet now
There are no words to show you how
I love you"

This song by Toad the Wet Sprocket (pretty much my favorite band) has never been a favorite of mine. I've always liked it ok, and thought it was sweet. It just never struck me they way other songs did. Then all of a sudden one day it came on my ipod and I thought "Holy crap do I love this song!" Why? Oh, yeah because I have two little boys now. And honestly one of my biggest hopes for them is to be close. Not just brothers, but friends. So now when I hear this song, it gets me a little teary and I imagine my boys as grown men. And I cross my fingers tight and hope they can feel like this about each other as they grow up. Cross your fingers with me, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment