Sunday, September 29, 2013

Settling In.... Kind of

I tried. Really, I did. I even had a really wordy post started, that I pecked out on my cell phone while we drove through Utah and the boys were both asleep for once. But my cell phone was dying a slow death and cell reception was almost non-existent for a good majority of our trip anyway. Add in the stress of traveling with little kids, spotty hotel wi-fi, not having yet closed on our house and well, updating the blog fell to the bottom of the list. Per usual. But we've made it to good ole Texas. It is, as expected, really fucking hot. And muggy. There are a lot of bugs I've discovered for the first time and the biggest fucking spider I've ever seen in my life. But also, family. We're trying to get settled in. But we've yet to get the call from the Uhaul people saying that they've moved our Pods from their big storage facility to the local uhaul facility for us to pick up. So basically, still living out of suitcases. And we haven't closed on our house yet. That's a nightmare, but we might, HOPEFULLY, close in the next couple of days. PLEASE cross your fingers. I'm working on getting a trip highlight post together. But in the meantime, I'm alive.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you!!! In the meantime, I hope you can find a good Mexican restaurant with A/C and a margarita! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Emily! I'm so bummed we didn't get to hang out more before I moved! And don't worry, mexican food & margarita's have already been aquired and enjoyed : )

      Delete