Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hello Autumn

"When autumn comes
It doesn't ask
It just walks in where it left you last
You never know when it starts
Until there's fog inside the glass
Around your summer heart"
'Somethings Missing'-John Mayer *

I get pretty bummed when summer ends. I always feel like I never really got a chance to enjoy it and do all the summery things I love. I know it's been about a billion years since I was a kid, but I think I still feel like summer should be these endless, warm days. I think of summer and I just think of warm skin and days streching on forever. Cookouts and picnics and beach days and rides at the fair. Now summer is squeezed in between 5 pm Friday and 8pm Sunday night.  So I feel no different this year: Summer is just too short.  But I am going to try and embrace autumn more. It's Shawn's favorite time of year for one. And it's hard not to get excitied about something when someone else is just so joyful about it. So here's to pumpkin patches, picking out halloween costumes, sweaters, MY BIRTHDAY!, halloween candy & taking Q trick or treating for the first time.
Bring it on fall. BRING IT ON!



*Say what you will about John Mayer but he can put words together in a way that just gets under my skin. Also, to totally be THAT person, I had the chance to meet him a long, long time ago.(He was opening a show for the musical love of my life, Glen Phillips) And he was ridiculously nice and friendly, and chatted with me and my girlfriend for 5-10 mintues after a show. So I have to love him forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment