Monday, July 29, 2013

Moving

I have an especially good reason for my absence lately. We've had so much going on I don't even know where to start. But basically it goes like this:
Husband left his job
We decided to sell our house
Got and accepted an offer after only ONE WEEK on the market (oh thank you thank you thank you)
Closing on (or around) the 15th of Aug
Working until Sept 3rd (and then leaving my job 1 month short of 9 years)
Leaving a day or two later on an epic road trip ending in our new home.....
AUSTIN Tx.

Say what?! There are a lot of reason for all of these specific decisions, or course. But main things are needing a change and family in Texas. So right now I'm in the middle of a billion things. Packing (which we'd done a lot of before listing and are having trouble with motivation to finish, because we are under the false assumption there isn't much to do. Even though we know there probably is.) Figuring out what we need for the space between packing our stuff up & shipping to Tx and actually getting there over a month later. Road trip plans. Vet appt for the cat before we ship his large butt to the lone star state (look, I already know things about my new home!) Buying a new car. Getting a driver license- WHAT?? And just all kinds of other things that give me sweaty palms. Actually what it give me is non-stop headaches for months and breakouts like a teenager. THANKS STRESS!

I may or may not be updating as we go. I'm thinking I'll be having some time on my hands and possibly a couple new electronic devices to help blog on the go. Technology! I'm sure your fingers are crossed to hear how it goes making a 2 week car trip with 2 toddlers in tow. Basically cross all your crossables for us! And give me any tips you have! Weeeee

2 comments:

  1. You should definitely blog more as you go so I can keep up on your new adventure!!!!! I hope everything falls into place for you guys...I'm sad you won't be close! :(

    ReplyDelete