Thursday, October 4, 2012

More Conversations w/ 2 year old

The other day in the car I asked Q what he wanted to be for Halloween. He's still just figuring out what all this means, but he's starting to get the costume part. I think.
Me: What costume do you want to wear for Halloween?
Q: Minnie!
Me: Okay. What should I be?
Q: Mickey!
Me: And what about daddy? (Holding breath... wait for it...)
Q: Goofy! (Ha! There it is!)
Me: And what about Archie?
Q: Um. Daisy!

Now if any of you can find me any of these costumes (With the exception of Minnie, which Target has) can you point me in the right direction? Lol
______________________________________

On the way to Denny's for a dinner of pancakes the other night I asked Q how many he was going to eat.
Q: 1, 2, 3, 4!
Me: Okay. How many do you think mama can eat?
Q: No Mama! Salad! 

Ok. Noted. Also, screw you kid! I'm eating a big ole stack of "cancakes"

_______________________________________

Last night at dinner my mom was telling Archer he was being crabby. Following conversation took place
Mom (to Archer): You're a crab tonight, aren't you?
Archer: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHINE WHINE WHINE!!! FEED ME!!!! DON'T FEED ME!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!
Q: He's not a crab, he's a brother!
Me: YOU'RE SO ADORABLE AND SMART!!!

Then later than night, while brushing Q's teeth (ie: trying to shove the tooth brush in his mouth in an attempt to get even a little contact, while he giggles and squirms and chomps his mouth shut)
Me: You are such a wiggle worm!
Q: I not a worm! I Quinn!

_______________________________________

Q's favorite song, without a doubt, is the theme song for Special Agent Oso. It's kind of funny to think that a 2 year old might get a song stuck in his head, but I think that might be the case, because he's always signing or humming it.
We noticed recently that he'll sing other words to the tune of Special Agent Oso.
For instance when he woke up the other morning, instead of just calling for us as he usually does he sang:
Mama dada, maaaamaaa
Mama dada, maaaamaaa
Um, adorable? Check. Clever? Check. He had a new one yesterday though. It was just him saying "pickle" over an over to the tune.  Weirdo. Also, clearly my child.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kids are just so funny at this age, I've been trying really hard to get these down.

      Delete