Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Five

Okay, so I skipped a couple of weeks. It seems every time I have a moment to myself I have to decide what to do with my time, and blogging is just so the bottom of the list. Anyway, here we go.

1. My maternity leave is coming to an end. I go back to work on Tuesday, which means I have 2 whole days left home alone with little Archer. As expected, and as it was with Q, I'm ready to go back and also please don't make me go back! Generally speaking, work isn't especially stressful. It provides me with actual breaks to eat meals. I can go shopping and run errands (I work in downtown Seattle, so that can be pretty nice.) I get back to a routine. You know, showering every day and all that. But.... I have to leave my baby! Well, now it's babies. Plural. Trippy. 

2.  So remember how I was doing that whole Photo a Day challenge this month? Yeah, I kinda sucked at it. I found it hard to take any interesting pictures being that I don't leave the house all that much right now (Another benefit of going back to work- Getting out of the house every day.) Still I did some, so I'll try and get those pictures up next week.

3.  I've finally ordered copies of pictures to get framed. We have nothing on the walls and it's just not bueno. I have one big collage frame my mom bought us TWO years ago for Christmas that I'm finally going to fill up. Except now I have so many cute pictures of the boys I have no idea how to choose! I've also got some larger prints ordered to fill up frames I got this year for Christmas. I'm so excited! I just feel a home isn't quite a home until family pictures have been barfed up all over the walls. Lovely visual, no? Watch out hallway, I'ma comin for you.

4.  I've been trying harder the last few weeks to actually comment on blogs I read. I've spent all these years reading various blogs, but always felt to geeky to comment. Well not anymore! I'm gonna blabber on whenever the mood strikes. I don't care if someone else said exactly what I want to say. I'm gonna chime in. Why not? I think your new kitchen looks good? I'll say so. Cute kid? Why not tell you! This might be spurred on by the fact that I spend a lot of time breastfeeding, and thus catching up on blogs thanks to my lovely fancy phone.

5. Speaking of breastfeeding, it's been going very well. So well in fact that I have an actual supply in the freezer! Wahoo! With Q I pretty much had to start supplementing with formula as soon as I went back to work. Which is totally fine, but I like the whole not spending money on formula thing. So this is excellent. On the downside I am getting up at 1am every night to pump. Boooo Hisssss. Also, when I say every night I mean I've been really good the last two nights, and before that was too tired to care. But I'm really going to try and keep it up. Or not.

Okay, I can't believe I made it through this without a baby crying. Yessss! Now I must go get my first 2 hours of sleep for the night. You all just have a really excellent weekend now.


PS- Another benefit of going back to work (Can you tell I'm trying really hard to just focus on the Positive? Which PS is so unlike me)  I get to talk to actual people every day and then maybe I won't feel the need to write wordy posts that seem funny in my head but probably don't really translate at all. Also less talking to the TV. Also less trying to find myself a guilty pleasure reality show to watch. I keep trying, but holy shitsnacks is reality tv seriously shitty. That toddlers and tiaras business? What. The. Frack?  And the Kardashian stuff? I just sort of stare confused at the tv. Also? This post was supposed to be finished way up there. So. Yeah.   

No comments:

Post a Comment