Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Five

1. The other day while I was making dinner (Okay, okay- I don't really cook, so basically I was probably making a Pb&J for Q and heating a jar of food for Archer. Mother of the year award to meeeee!)  I heard Q saying "I'm really proud of you Arch! I'm really proud of you! Good Job Arch!" When I peeked out he was giving him a hug. I have no idea. And I really have no idea how I'm typing this. You know, with the being dead from the cute and all.

2. Family pictures this weekend! I'm so excited. Well, and also worried. Besides not knowing yet what we're all wearing, I'm going to have to do my hair & makeup which are not my strong suits. Annnnd, I need to practice my non-fake smile and not slouching. I swear I look like a hunch back in every. single. wedding picture we have. Straighten it up Quasi!

3. This picture. I was just walking out of my room and looked across the hall to see Archer hugging Q. So.
 


4. On the other side of that total sweetness above, Archer has been a little pain about letting me feed him lately. He gets all angry and rocks back and forth in his chair, slamming his back as hard as he can against the seat. Yeah, crazytown. So the other night I handed him the spoon and let him dip it in the food himself. He was quite pleased and made a gigantic mess. Then last night it was pretty clear he was ready to do the same thing again. So we have a big boy on our hands I guess. Mr. fancy pants thinks he so big and special and can feed himself now because he's almost one. pshaw


I'm not even going to tell you how we got him cleaned up. But it may have involved sticking the entire chair with the seat & Archer still in it, into the shower.
 
Notice the whole hand going in the bowl along with the spoon. Awesome.

5. I started getting the invitations filled out this week for Archer's 1st birthday. I just can't believe he's almost one. It just went way too fast. We're doing a Dr.Seuss/Cat in the Hat theme, mostly because Shawn found invitations in the dollar bins at Target. So if you have any good ideas that fit that theme, let me know. Sadly we don't have a lot of friends with kids. So it's mostly be a bunch of adults standing around wondering how they got talked into going to a one year old's party, haha.

Okay, Happy Friday all! I'm off to let Pinterest make me feel inadequate about my party throwing skills.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, they are so friggen' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your family photos this weekend! We have ours not this weekend but NEXT weekend and I have no idea what we are going to wear either. It's outside (at a x-mas tree farm!) so i'm just praying it doesn't rain. Nothin' like Pinterest to make you feel sad about party planning, I totally understand!!! Maybe there are some good cat in the hat free party printables out there?

    ReplyDelete